- When words have a "z" sound in them, Nathan pronounces them "lizard," more or less. For example, "Mommy where are my lizards?"--referring to scissors. Or "Emily Elizabeth" is "Emily Lizard."
- "muppets" = "muffins" as in "Muffins Take Manhattan" or "Muffins in Space"
Hmm...I thought I had more than that (and I know I do) but I didn't write them down because I thought I could remember. Maybe tomorrow. Here's another cute story:
I had the radio in the kitchen tuned to NPR while I did dishes and wiped counters (etc.) and Nathan was "helping" me. One of the reporters said something that included the word "America." Nathan stopped whatever he was doing at that moment and, in an excited voice, said, "She said 'America'!" Tyce had taught him that we live in America a couple of nights before. Tyce was in the room at that moment so he asked Nathan, "What does 'America' mean?" Nathan thought for a long moment, looked at me, then said, "America means you go to school."

No comments:
Post a Comment