The official soundtrack to this post is "At Last" as sung by Etta James because that is the song that runs through my head every time I think about the *ta-da-ta-dum* finished bunk bed. But if you want to listen to it, you'll have to put it on yourself because I don't actually own it. Sorry

Their room is quite small so it was hard to get a good angle to show off the lovely features. However, I'd like to point out the fabulous cubby hole shoe rack and the lovely, lovely book shelves. The shoe rack is my new love since all of the footwear used to reside in a not-so-lovely pile on the floor. How do little kids have so many shoes? And the book shelves were made to, you know, actually hold books--unlike the other shelves we've been using where they have to be placed sideways--so the kids don't have to dump books on the floor to get to the book at the bottom of the pile.We do have a question for anyone who reads this and cares enough to respond. (Anyone?) Tyce made 2 shelves to go in the space between Katie's bed and the wall. (Well, you know, above her bed but in that space...just look at the picture...) But when we set the bunkbed up in the room, we kind of liked having that space open. It seemed to have a nice feel. On the other hand, we really could use more space to put some (lightweight) toys & stuffed animals. (Not lightweight because the shelves aren't strong enough; lightweight so that Nathan doesn't knock heavy things onto a sleeping Katie--which, let's face it, is bound to happen.) Back to the first hand, 2 additional shelves (counting the one even with the mattress) might look a little crowded. So, should we do 3 shelves? Just 2 shelves? No shelves at all? Tyce and I have discussed it and are both undecided. So, what do you think?

6 comments:
Awesome bunk bed! We're gonna have to have Tyce make us one of those before you leave (whether or not we'll need it by then, because we'll need it eventually, I'm sure).
As for the shelves, I would have to say put them in. Storage space is such a precious commodity, plus it would be cool for Katie to have a nice little place to store her precious things. :)
Very very cool bunk bed though. :)
I say leave it as is. It looks amazing. So when do I get my special mail-order bed from Tyce? Just ship it to Rochester, New York (or you could just bring it and come to say hi).
Missing you guys....
~Michael
Love it!! Love it!! What a good job, Tyce! It looks so nice, and I absolutely love the shelves! I say that if you like the space open, you should leave it open, but then again, Robyn is right about the space being precious commodity.... so I don't know. In the picture it is so cute open, and you could even stencil a window box or something cute.... Hang the stuffed animals from the ceiling or something....we are having the same problem. Stuffed animals = the most useless toy/gift ever! Thanks for sharing the pictures, Faith.
I read this Faith. I think shelves would like nice there. 2 or 3. Might actually complete the space. I miss you!
Great job Tyce!
I would add it least one more shelf. I am all about optimizing space with the kids toys especially when you don't have a lot of room in the first place. Some toys, books or animals seem taller than others, so I don't know if 3 shelves would work well for you depending on how wide the space is. Call me when you get in town.
Post a Comment