
Nathan's Junior Kindergarten teacher sends home a calendar each month with suggestions of math activities to practice with Nathan each day to go along with what they talked about in class. One day it said, "Practice counting to ten. Count higher if you can." I know Nathan can count to ten with no problem, but I decided to try it. I asked him to count to ten. He did. Very quickly. Then I asked him to try to go higher because I know he can do that, too. He counted to ten again. So, I asked him again to count higher, thinking he hadn't really heard or understood me.
He said, "I can't."
I said, "Yes, you can. Count higher."
So, in a funny,
higher-pitched voice, he started counting to ten again.
1 comment:
Hey guys, how are you doing? Long time, no see – well, no hear, I guess. Are you keeping busy with the kids and school? We’re doing pretty well, although still haven’t found anyone here who wants to have game nights – well, at least not game nights Kearl- and Hedgecock-style. :) So, you up for a trip out to see the Palmyra pageant this summer? I know a great place to stay . . . Miss you guys!
Post a Comment