With a little trepidation, I told Katielaina she could choose what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. Of course, she wanted something "princess." So, we googled "princess cakes" and she helped me look at all the image results. As you might imagine, there were some pretty impossible looking cakes that came out of that search. One was a castle with turrets with smooth frosting expertly fashioned to make drawbridge, grass, etc. My artistic abilities aside, my dislike of buttercream frosting makes this a complete impossibility for me.
Bless my dear daughter's heart, she chose a crown cake. One straight from Family Fun, complete with recipe, directions and a template for the sugar cookies that made the crown a crown. In short, she chose one I could actually make.
And she was very happy with the result. Yes, she is a sweet child.
While Nathan was at school we decided to have a 3 year-old birthday shoot. Here are my favorites:
She has a great smile, right?
And those eyes just about shine in the dark.
Not to mention, she's probably the happiest little kid I've ever known.
We love you, little lady Katie.
(no ka-boom, Peter)

1 comment:
LOL!
...I can't believe how much older she looks already. Feels like we moved an eternity ago. (sniff)
Post a Comment