Saturday, March 19, 2011

More ER

This is Tyce.  So, Ivy decided that she wanted to go to the ER again.  She got 3 stitches above her lip a couple of months ago.  That time we don't know what really happened, but Nathan said something about slamming his door when the kids were racing through the house and Ivy being in the way.

This time we still don't know what really happened, but here's our best guess.  Our can opener isn't very good.  It usually can't clip off the last bit of a can's lid and so the lids are hinged.  Well, one open can of caramelized sweetened condensed milk was found by the kids.  I had seen Nathan and Katy trying to scrape out the last bits of caramel, but as I was washing dishes, I didn't stop them.  At some point, the lid was pushed inside the can.  Ivy must have reached her left index finger past the lid, but couldn't get it out . . . easily.  We think she then pulled harder.  I heard a cry and found a little girl with a large chunk of the tip/pad of her finger flapping open, with fatty tissue puffing out, and profusely bleeding. 

So I got to go to the ER again, give her Versed again, and distract her while they stitched her up again.  She got 9 stitches this time.  Frankenstein-like.  I think she's had more stitches than I had by her age, which is saying something.  But she hasn't broken her arm . . . yet.


2 comments:

Shilah said...

Wow, Ouch!

Shilah said...

Matt hyperventilated when I showed him.