Thursday, September 8, 2011

Long Overdue: Katie's Dance Recital, 4/1/11

I'm so far behind in things I wanted to blog about that it's hard to know where to begin.  This one is long overdue for grandmas (Katie's that is) to see.  That's why it's going first.
First up, I was pretty happy with the way Katie's hair turned out.  Aside from having really fine hair, Katie also has a lot of short, wispy hairs up front and heaven knows I'm no great hand at hairstyling.  So, I knew we needed something to a) look cute, b) pull those wispies in, c) be fairly simple to achieve, d) be tight enough to keep that fine hair in shape through dancing & headpieces.  Are there any male readers left?  No?  Moving on anyway:
 I found detailed directions for this online and it turned out really cute, if I do say so myself.  It didn't take too long, Katie liked it, and it held up all night.  Bonus.
Next up:  Katie at the recital.
 Isn't she cute?

She did two dances:  one ballet, with a pink tutu, tiara and teddy bear; and one tap, complete with yellow dress and headpiece.  She did really well and loved every minute of it (just look at her smile).
   Here's a short video of the ballet dance (you know, for those grandmas who are still reading):

So, I was so excited that I was such a great mom for achieving a great hairdo (that may not have been the real reason) that I completely forgot to bring: her ballet slippers, tap shoes & teddy bear.  Yeah, I should win some kind of dance mom award.  I was actually really angry with myself.  Katie, luckily, didn't seem to mind at all.  Also luckily, her teacher had some extra tap shoes & teddy bears.  Just tights were fine for the ballet.  To the point: that's not her teddy bear in the video.  She'd never met him before that night.  I think they developed a fine rapport for the dance anyway.  Way to go, Katie.  We love ya.

1 comment:

Amy said...

She is so cute! You can just tell she is a sweetie!