Thursday, August 16, 2007

Toddlers are cute

I don't have a picture but I wanted to write this down somewhere: Tyce had taken Katie in from the car but there was an interesting program on the radio that was almost over and I wanted to finish listening to it. So, Nathan and I stayed in the car and he crawled all around--climbing into the driver seat after asking "please? I sit here? please?" and requesting my help to start the car and put it into gear, which I had to decline. Well, he got bored when I wouldn't start the car so he climbed into the very back and I could hear him playing around with some of the stuff Tyce had left back there. When the program was over, I went around to the back door to pull him out and I could see he was playing with Tyce's bike pump. When I opened the door this was the scene that met my eyes: the end of the pump cord was tucked into the rim of the spare tire and he was standing behind the pump very industriously working it--and very, very proud of himself. I told him what a good job he had done pumping up the tire and he indicated that we should put the tire on the car or bike or wherever it was supposed to go. I told him we'd better go inside and get some lunch instead--after all, he'd just worked himself up a good appetite.

1 comment:

Nice3 said...

It never ceases to amaze me what toddlers manage to do. There is some serious problem solving, motor coordination and determination involved. If we could only harness it for good, eh?