Thursday, June 3, 2010

I did not let him kiss me with that breath!

So, for Christmas, I gave Tyce some cheese.  He loves cheese.  He loves blue and other cheeses that don't always appeal to me.  I decided to try something new and I gave him a block of Limburger.  Big mistake!  After trying it with Peter & Cynthia, we all agreed it tasted like dirty gym socks.  [Read about Peter's take on and see a video of this experience here.]  We looked Limburger up on the internet and, lo and behold, it is made with the same kind of bacteria you would find in dirty gym socks.  Yum, right? 
Tyce decided he might want to try to inflict it on some other friends, so we wrapped it up tightly and then stuck it in another container before storing it in our fridge.  The stuff stinks pretty badly.  It's been hiding away in my fridge since then and I shudder every time I almost open it to check what's inside (thankfully I've always remembered in time).
Then one night after the kids are in bed, I come into the kitchen to a very disturbing sight:
Not only did he slather a piece of rye cracker with LARGE chunks of Limburger and eat it (notice the bite mark on the rye in the middle left), he claimed to ENJOY IT!  When we researched Limburger and discovered its savory origins, we also read that most people eat it with rye bread.  Tyce thought he'd like to sample the pairing and claimed that the rye did in fact enhance the flavor of the stinky feet Limburger.   If you have never smelled or tasted Limburger I don't think you can understand the level of my disgust.  I plugged my nose and left the room.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Ooh gross. I can see the rottenness of each lumpy chunk. that's too funny!